What can I say? After much hard work both the animation and model editor are completed.
This was a massive undertaking, with 1000s of lines of code added.
What It means is that I can now create and animate the models for in the game, but what’s more other players will also be able to create there own mods. It will be awesome.
I have also started work on the Block Designer. Here you will be able to create your own blocks for the game. Blocks are made up of 16x16x16 micro blocks. You can place the blocks wherever you want. These blocks will also have a collision detector, to automatically make collision zones based of the type of block created. So if a block was designed to be thinner than the normal block size, it’s collision zone would be accurate to the size made.
The game will allow you to create over 25,000 unique blocks. This will make modding easier. You will be able to load on lots of different mods, each with unique blocks, creatures, and buildings. The collision detector will also be used when modding in new blocks.
Another priority is to make modding the game easy and available. Removing any complications from modding will add longevity to the game for everyone, and allow a larger variety of mods to be made.
Full change list below:
- Added ability to move keyframe
- Added Ability to copy and past keyframes
- Added Error checking and feedback to user
- Added Indexing Of vertexes.
- Completed Animation Mode
- Added Texture Mapping to editor
- Found really hard and annoying bug with UI sub components click detection.
- Fixed another hard bug with UI system.
- Finally completed modal editor. (At last)
- Finally completed Animation Editor (At last)
- Added Scale ability to modal editor for parts
- Added move origin to editor
- Fixed bug in not selected nearest part
- Added improvements to the lighting.
- Models now animate in game.
- Fixed a bug where models would not animating in game.
- Fixed a bug where models would never stop animating.
- Fixed a bug where the building design mode would not work, due to changes to camera functions.
- Fix a bug with UI and child classes.
- Added more functions to tickbox
- Started work on the Block Designer